We are a big fan of fall on our farm. It means an amazing time of year, a time when we get to harvest our months of hard work, the cool mornings and lots of baking are also definitely an added bonus.
If you like moist & delicious pumpkin bars' this recipe is for you. It has a cream cheese frosting with the pumpkin cake, the two together become an amazing pair. I double this recipe most of the time when I make it to fit a full sheet pan, usually our gathering this time of year are nothing short of small though. So here it is, let me know what you think of it!
Knaughty Farms Pumpkin Bars
Makes 24 Bars
4 Large Eggs
1- 2/3 cups Sugar
1 cup Knaughty Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 - 15 oz can Solid Pack Pumpkin
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3 teaspoons Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
8 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
2 cups Confectioners Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, Softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, olive oil, and pumpkin until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 25-30 minutes or until set. You insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean. Let it cool completely.
- Now you can start making the icing. Beat the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Add the milk small amounts at a time until you have your consistency you prefer.
- Spread over bars. Enjoy!
*Store them in the fridge.
Let us know what you think of the Recipe in the comments below.
🍁Olive Oil Momma