We love things that we can make from scratch when we have the time. Tortillas are an easy thing to pick up in the store, but if you feel like a little bit of work, they hardly take much time at all! My kids devour them as a taco, a cheese quesadilla or even plain. Making them with our olive oil gives it such amazing flavor!! See below for recipe.
Happy cooking, friends!
- Olive Oil Momma's
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Knaughty Farms® Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Warm Water
1. Combine Flour, Salt and Baking Powder in a bowl. Use a sturdy silicone spatula or wooden spoon to mix it up.
2. Add Knaughty Farms® olive oil and warm water slowly. Combine until it forms a small dough ball. Place onto a flour work surface and knead for a few minutes until it has a smooth texture.
3. Divide it into 16 equal size balls.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball until about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cook them on high heat either on a griddle or non-stick pan. Cook about 2 minutes per side.
6. As they come off the griddle, wrap them in a clean dish towel.
*Store leftovers in a ziplock bag in the fridge.